THE VISION OF THE SOUTH

"Make no small plans: This is the vision I have for the South. I believe that one day the South will baptize more people into the church than all other English speaking missions in the world together....We will see the time when we will baptize hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands...In your day you will see a million members of the church in the South. There will be temples plural in the Southern States. What a great call you have to serve with these marvelous people." President Spencer W. Kimball

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

How Many Options Can You Make Work

Weekly Letter - 08 Jul 2014
Sent Date: Tuesday, July 8, 2014
Author: Andrews, Zachary Jacob
Page 249 of 358
President,
I was confused by your response to last weeks email, but I will follow the instructions that I think were meant for Elder Herbert. We are good, the whole district is really sad to see Elder Herbert go, but that is how the mission works. We grow to love people so much and then we leave or they leave, and we have the opportunity to love someone else. Missions are cool. It was a pleasure to meet you this last week. I know you and your wife will be awesome. I am excited to see your knew ideas.

I have learned so many things on my mission, I want to share two of them with you in this email. First and my far most important, I have learned that God is my Heavenly Father loves me. I have been learning this everyday of my mission. I love sharing it with people. Two I have learned that the trick to being a good missionary is not eliminating options but finding new ones. I heard a quote that i think applies perfectly to missionary work, it was in a TED talk that i listen to before my mission. it goes something like this: "the measure of intelligence is not how many options you can rule out, but by how many options you can make work" This is something that i love. sometime the longer we are on our missions the more we think we know. but the way we show it is by not trying things. Wrong. So under this logic the best missionaries are Greenies, cause they are going to try everything, Lucky for us we don't have to waste time to try everything we have the spirit that as long as we keep our options open the spirit can guide us to do what we need to do.

I don't know if I explained myself, but Church is true and missions are awesome. I am excited to see what you will do as an instrument in the Hands of the Lord.

Love,
Elder Andrews

Sent Date: Thursday, July 10, 2014
Author: President Hansen
great thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment