THE VISION OF THE SOUTH

"Make no small plans: This is the vision I have for the South. I believe that one day the South will baptize more people into the church than all other English speaking missions in the world together....We will see the time when we will baptize hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands...In your day you will see a million members of the church in the South. There will be temples plural in the Southern States. What a great call you have to serve with these marvelous people." President Spencer W. Kimball

Monday, April 21, 2014

To PW: Cockeyed Optimist

Sent Date: Monday, April 21, 2014
Author: Andrews, Zachary Jacob

President,
There is a quote that I read this week that like a lot. It is in the book South Pacific quoted by Dallin H. Oaks in his most recent talk to students at UVU.

I have heard people rant and rave and bellow.  
That we’re done and we might as well be dead,
But I’m only a cockeyed optimist
And I can’t get it into my head
-South Pacific

I like being a cockeyed optimist. It makes life better. And it is only made possible through our Hope in the Atonement. That and in my knowledge of the Book of Mormon.

Life is awesome President. There is a man on the radio that my dad always listens too I think his name is Dave Ramsey, smart guy, my favorite part about his show is that whenever he answers a call, people ask him how he is, and every time without fail he says, "Better than I deserve". Isn't that the truth! So I am better than I deserve. Blessed beyond bounds. His Grace is sufficient for all of us. Thanks for all that you do and that your Wife does for us missionaries. It is a shame that you are leaving us. I would have really enjoyed getting to know you a little better. Well I guess we still have some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment