THE VISION OF THE SOUTH

"Make no small plans: This is the vision I have for the South. I believe that one day the South will baptize more people into the church than all other English speaking missions in the world together....We will see the time when we will baptize hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands...In your day you will see a million members of the church in the South. There will be temples plural in the Southern States. What a great call you have to serve with these marvelous people." President Spencer W. Kimball

Monday, April 7, 2014

If you love me, keep my commandments, moonshine and street swimming.

What to do when it rains a mighty rain?  Swim.
The rain is warm so don't feel too bad.
Playing basketball with an investigator.
 
With his district

 

The sign they see all over town.

The dead bird they saw in the middle of the road.
What's for dinner?
I hope it's not moonshine.  "It smells really bad."

This week was SLOW! but conference was really amazing!!  I love Conference. It is such an amazing experience to hear from our prophets and apostles. One thing that I was thinking about is how much they do for us, and how much they have blessed my life. I was thinking how ungrateful I am to them. How can I show my appreciation to them? How can I help the prophet? What can I do to make his life easier, cause that is what I am in the buisness of for about 15 more months?  Then I had a wonderful 'Oh Duh' moment. If I were to ask the Prophet what can i do i think they would give the same answer that the Savior said in John14:15 "If you love me, KEEP MY COMANDMENTS".  So if you want to help our dear prophet and the apostles, listen to them, read their talks again cause I can promise that you didn't get everything you could have. Last, but for sure not least, FOLLOW their words cause they are for you! They are for me! It is so cool to have a prophet I just realized how cool it is and how I have wasted so much time.
 
I promise that if you do this then when your time comes the Spirit will sing the same song that he did for Nephi in 1Nephi 11:6 "Hosanna al Senor,....Y bendito eres tu ________(your name), porque crees in el Hijo del Dios...." Sorry only know it in Spanish.

The Church is so true and if you ever have a doubt and say "Well this doesn't make sense" or "The church doesn't answer this".  Well you're right, but it answers everything else. Sure there are things that we don't know, but look at we do know! God loves us! Jesus is The Christ! Joseph Smith started the Restoration! And we are lead by a prophet of God that talks to God about us! Words cannot describe my feeling for this Gospel. Now let's get off the bench because it is our turn to take the field! Vaya Pues

Con todo de mi Amor
 
Elder Andrews
 
PS The guy in front of me is watching Big Bang Theory, he thinks it is the funniest thing ever.
 
PPS If you want pictures, hit me up.  I am making Elder Hale hook me up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment