THE VISION OF THE SOUTH

"Make no small plans: This is the vision I have for the South. I believe that one day the South will baptize more people into the church than all other English speaking missions in the world together....We will see the time when we will baptize hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands...In your day you will see a million members of the church in the South. There will be temples plural in the Southern States. What a great call you have to serve with these marvelous people." President Spencer W. Kimball

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Check Your Desires (and I'm getting transeferred)


So I am getting transferred. Really transferred.  This time not just to the next area over. I am super scared and sad. I have met people here that I love so very much.  It brings me to tears to leave them; I hope that I will be able to make new friends in my next area and thank goodness for Facebook so I can stay in touch with all the people that I want to. Missions are really interesting. You can never get comfortable.
 
This week I was really impressed by Brad Wilcox's talk called "His Grace Is Sufficient".  There is something in there that really hit me he says that we are not earning heaven we are learning it. That judgment will not be us and God with a checklist saying sorry you only got a 98/100, so sorry no heaven for you. No he thinks, as do I, that it will simple be God inviting us to come and partake of the rich blessing and us deciding if we are going to or not. So my challenge to you is to check your desires and see if you would accept His offer. It is hard and for me I still have lots left to learn but the good thing about a mission is that the lessons are constantly slammed in your face.
 
Love you! Next week I will tell you where I am going. Hopefully it will be somewhere cool!!

No comments:

Post a Comment