THE VISION OF THE SOUTH

"Make no small plans: This is the vision I have for the South. I believe that one day the South will baptize more people into the church than all other English speaking missions in the world together....We will see the time when we will baptize hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands...In your day you will see a million members of the church in the South. There will be temples plural in the Southern States. What a great call you have to serve with these marvelous people." President Spencer W. Kimball

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

MLK Jr Day and Visit from 70s

Sorry this week was super crazy and it lingered on into yesterday so we decided to move p-day so here I am.  Anyway I had so many close encounters with the Seventies it was crazy. But I choose a cabin somewhere [for the family vacation].  That is defiantly what I want to do just hang out and watch movies an play. Cabin.  I really don't want to go to California.  Please not that. And I was thinking when is the Andrews campout? I am pretty excited for that too.

Can you find Elder Andrews?  Look close.
This week I met Elder Teh of the first quorum of the Seventy and Elder Parker our regional seventy and I had the opportunity to be interviewed by Elder Teh and I talked to Elder Parker for a while as well. I got to spend a lot of time with them. Here are the top three things I learned from them:
1. Don't waste time
2. An example is the best teacher
3. Just be obedient.  You don't have to find out if it is a good cause.  Just do it.
 
Anyway it was super fun except that I have had a cold this whole time, for a week and a half. It is super annoying because we have been so busy   I just haven't had the time to take a break and get better. I have been trying to drink lots and take vitamins, but I think today I will kill it with some serious sleep. [He didn't, he went to a bouncy house instead. Didn't have time to sleep;  the day just got away from me. ]
 
We also had some programs for Martin Luther King Jr. Day. We sung in a baptismal program. Then marched in a parade; it was super fun.  we where pretty much the only white people there. It was super fun, everyone loved us.
 
Here are the pictures I've sent you: down town,  Elder Teh's visit, Elder Teh and the rest of my zone, a Martin Luther King Jr program that all our missionaries went to, then a parade that we marched in for MLK the guy with the beany is a rapper named D1 and then after his is the Mayor of NOLA then there is the actual parade and a picture of the mall.
 
Con amor,
Elder Andrews
 

No comments:

Post a Comment