THE VISION OF THE SOUTH

"Make no small plans: This is the vision I have for the South. I believe that one day the South will baptize more people into the church than all other English speaking missions in the world together....We will see the time when we will baptize hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands...In your day you will see a million members of the church in the South. There will be temples plural in the Southern States. What a great call you have to serve with these marvelous people." President Spencer W. Kimball

Saturday, February 7, 2015

LEGEN...wait for it...DARY

February 3, 2014

This week is absolutely crazy. Two baptismal interviews, Elder Cook and Elder Halstrom came to instruct our mission it was super cool. I shook their hands...LEGEN...wait for it... The instructions that they gave us was so sick. He said a couple of awesome things but the coolest thing was at the end he said was "I know the voice of the Lord" Freaking dope! I really enjoyed it. Also we had a baptism in our ward we should of had two but one of the people was not taught all the way so I had to postpone his date. Every day this week was crazy and to add on top of that we lost power to our apartment on Thursday and just got it back yesterday. This week was fun really fun and absolutely crazy...DARY!

Elder Cook talked about how he doesn't feel adequate to be an apostle and that about every month Elder Packer walks into their meeting in the temple saying "I am still trying to figure out why I am here" That was such a huge answer to prayers cause I have to do things all the time that I know I am not adequate to do what I am called to do. There is a lot of pressure and lots of doubts about my own abilities but to hear that the Apostles have the same feelings. WOW that helped me so much.
 
Elder Cook said something that I like, that us as missionaries are Ward and Branch Builders. It is true and I think that this applies to all members of our Church; we are all in the wards and branches so that we can help them grow so that we can help the people in them come back to church and repent and change. We all have home teaching and visiting teaching assignment so that we can help our wards grow and help people feel of the joy that is in this Gospel.

I love this Church I love the Savior I know he lives and I know that he talks to the Apostles.
LOVE YA
 
Elder Andrews

PS I am good.  Not getting transferred which I am super excited for but I am super scared about who is going to come into our zone cause we just smoothed out all our problems and now we have to start all over. And they are taking one of our awesome Sister Training Leaders so that is going to make things harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment