THE VISION OF THE SOUTH

"Make no small plans: This is the vision I have for the South. I believe that one day the South will baptize more people into the church than all other English speaking missions in the world together....We will see the time when we will baptize hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands...In your day you will see a million members of the church in the South. There will be temples plural in the Southern States. What a great call you have to serve with these marvelous people." President Spencer W. Kimball

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Interview with Elder Andrews

Can you speak Spanish any better?

Si yo hablo un poco espanol. Yo puedo ensenar el evangelio pero un poco mas. Yo trabajo mucho y El Dios bendice mi con el Don de lenguas.  Con Amor, Elder Andrews
 
What do you do on your Pday?  Do you play or go to the temple?
 
I do none of those things. I just study all the time. This Pday was better because we just decided to study like it was a normal day and not do nothing or sleep or sit around picking our noses.
(Right: Elder Andrews trying to learn the baptismal invitation.)
 
 
 
  
 What did you do on the Fourth?  Did you get special treatment?
 
On the fourth we had a special program with a speaker. Then we watched the fireworks from the Stadium of Fire. We stayed at the MTC and I talked to Porter for a while then went to bed. I am not here for the fireworks.
(Left: Friend and neighbor, Porter.  It was his second day at MTC.)
 
 
  
What did you think when you saw the new missionaries come on Wednesday?  Did you feel like you had all the answers?

It feels like I have been here forever, forever, and when I see new missionaries coming in, I look at them and think that person who came here two weeks ago is so different from the person I am now. Not really but my testimony has grown by immense proportions; my knowledge, my study habits are completely different, and I don't secretly in my heart just want to go home and go back to bed.  I want to be here...well, I want to be in Louisiana teaching people but if this is what I have to do first, I am fine with that.

Are you getting all the stuff I am sending?

Yes.  Thanks for the care packages.   My roommates devoured the pretzel dip and pretzels.  My companion still has the whistle you sent for my birthday.  Thank you so much for the photo album it was so amazing to see all your smiling faces, and to know that I have such an amazing and supportive family back home.   I feel your prayers and pray for you too.  When you address letters to me it's Elder Andrews not Hermano, please.    There are three Zach Andrews here at the MTC so make sure you put Zach Jacob Andrews and Baton Rouge Louisiana or I won't get it until I meet with one of the other Zachs and exchange. We haven't found the third Zach but his girlfriend keeps writing me.............she is weird.  (Above: Missionaries playing with glow sticks from one of the care packages.  I guess you can have fun.)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment