THE VISION OF THE SOUTH

"Make no small plans: This is the vision I have for the South. I believe that one day the South will baptize more people into the church than all other English speaking missions in the world together....We will see the time when we will baptize hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands...In your day you will see a million members of the church in the South. There will be temples plural in the Southern States. What a great call you have to serve with these marvelous people." President Spencer W. Kimball

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Dear President Wall, Elder Mellor Going Home


Author: Andrews, Zachary Jacob

President Wall,

This week has been strange, just in the fact of Elder Mellor going home and I am getting a new  companion. I really like Elder Vaughn but he is different, and so, that is different and I have to keep telling myself that difference is not a bad thing. This week I have seen my testimony grow in that I know that God sent me here for a reason. Now I say this because the people in the West Bank are so awesome. I have been really nervous about taking over the area, not that I really did because Elder Vaughn is still training me and he sorta knows the area, and without fail the members have tried so hard to help me with everything. Everything from Spanish to rides you name it they are willing and ready to help. I has really helped my testimony. I am striving to be exactly obedient and I am seeing the blessings from that. 

The unity in our companionship is good but the Unity in the District is not. Everyone is fine but Elder Mastache and Cisneros but you probably know more about it than I do, so I will just leave it at that. This week I have learn a few things in the Book of Mormon. The main thing that I am thinking about right now is the power that it has, in every single lesson we had this week I had so scripture pop into my head and it has just fit like a glove. I am really excited to have more experiences like that so that at the end of my mission I can be as happy as Ammon after his mission. And I can boast of my God, because without him I know I am nothing.

Elder Andrews

No comments:

Post a Comment