THE VISION OF THE SOUTH

"Make no small plans: This is the vision I have for the South. I believe that one day the South will baptize more people into the church than all other English speaking missions in the world together....We will see the time when we will baptize hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands...In your day you will see a million members of the church in the South. There will be temples plural in the Southern States. What a great call you have to serve with these marvelous people." President Spencer W. Kimball

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Dear President Wall, Gaps in My Testimony

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

President,

Sorry that I have not written you the last little bit, it just slips my mind on my way to write my family. But I am going to try a different system and that will solve the problem.  Anyway this last week has been interesting. My Spanish is growing.....slowly and I am really starting to enjoy speaking it. The biggest problem I have with it is the constant switching that I have to do in one lesson half will be in English the other half in Spanish and that keeps me on my toes.

My testimony has become more defined as I have been out here. Let me explain: I have really started to see what parts are not as strong as they need to be. For the most part I have faith. I know it is true, I know that if I got the impression to turn the Mississippi around it would, that is the power of God. But I have seen that although that is true I struggle with having the faith to see someone struggling and not think, why in the world is that necessary? Why does that person not just accept this gospel? A better example is Katrina: why did God send Katrina if it would destroy the wards down here? But after all that, at the end of the day in my nightly prayers I have to say "Lord I believe. Help thou my unbelief." And trust that God has my back cause I know he does. Thank you and I look forward to our interview on Sunday  

No comments:

Post a Comment