THE VISION OF THE SOUTH

"Make no small plans: This is the vision I have for the South. I believe that one day the South will baptize more people into the church than all other English speaking missions in the world together....We will see the time when we will baptize hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands...In your day you will see a million members of the church in the South. There will be temples plural in the Southern States. What a great call you have to serve with these marvelous people." President Spencer W. Kimball

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Dear President Wall, B of M in Spanish

Author: Andrews, Zachary Jacob

President,


This week was great. We have been really busy. I wish that we had more time in the day!!! We could probably be smarter with our time; but then again we can always improve. Anyway companionship unity is good we work well together. I can't say that we are the best of friends and that he is my favorite person all the time but Elder Vaughn has some very good qualities. And he is a good guy. I am very blessed because of that. Our district unity is fantastic!! We all love each other.(including those in the English District) We are heart broken to see Sister Salorzano go, but I guess that God has a different path for her. We wish her the best. 


Okay so I started to read the Book of Mormon in Spanish and as daunting as I thought it would be it is actually not too bad!! Tender Mercy!! Anyway it has been interesting to start it over and sorta focus on the small things like what a word means or what a sentence means or a verse. One thing that I have noticed is that the beginning is really good,(not to down-play the value of the rest of it). The beginning is like the introduction of a paper. It has to be the best and have some serious power to it so that people will want to continue to read.(Sorry that i did not learn lesson very well) Cause lets face it if they started the Book of Mormon off with the Isaiah chapters that would be ruff. No, instead of that we start out with a bunch of people running into the wilderness because an entire city wants to KILL THEM!!!! Exciting! Anyway to what I learned......I get distracted in these emails and then end up writing a big old paragraph, sorry; but it is okay because you are teaching me stuff without even talking! So one of the most famous scriptures is 1Nephi 3:7 "I will go and do......." really famous and really powerful. I know that we all feel like this when we are asked to do something, like go on a mission for example. We start singing the primary song....and off we go with a smile on our face. Then difficulties and failure catch up to our enthusiasm, and we become discouraged and say 'we I went and i did.....but now i am returning and rethinking this' but Nephi covers his bases. In 1Nephi 3:15(my personal favorite) he basically says:(allowing me the right to some personal interpretation) 


I am still alive and we all know that God is still alive so what gives us the right to stop, what gives us the to say that what he asked us to do is too hard, we will not stop. We will not give up. Ever. Because we know that God is there. Because we know that He loves us. We will do His will. I will do his will. Always.



Love ya President Wall, I guess I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Elder Andrews

No comments:

Post a Comment