THE VISION OF THE SOUTH

"Make no small plans: This is the vision I have for the South. I believe that one day the South will baptize more people into the church than all other English speaking missions in the world together....We will see the time when we will baptize hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands...In your day you will see a million members of the church in the South. There will be temples plural in the Southern States. What a great call you have to serve with these marvelous people." President Spencer W. Kimball

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Love, Serve, Teach


November 4, 2013

So something that I am just going to tell all, while it is on my mind, is that we have a theme for this mission and it is going to be the theme for the rest of my life in everything I do:

                                    LOVE, SERVE, TEACH
I really like it. It's simple but profound because that is all you ever need to do to share the gospel.

OK this week. This week was slow. It was transfer week I am still in Algiers with Elder Vaughn so that is good. there was a lot of changes in the district but we will adapt. I have come to realize that I don't like it when people leave it sucks.

We did a ton of service this week. we spent like six hours building a fence for a widowed sister in the branch it was actually really fun. And surprisingly the fence is still up!! Three days later!!! Man the Church is true. We got two visa waiters in the West Bank now and they are Green as can be.  They do not know what is a good use of time and what is a bad use of time. Jake actually gave me the best advise about your trainer he said, "Be nice to your trainer.  All he is trying to do is fill a day and he has this yippee little kid that thinks he is the laziest person on the planet."

It is hard to fill a day especially because people love to cancel. Oh my, do they love to cancel. We will have a packed day where we have to hurry everywhere all day, we are planning on seeing 9 people in one day and at the end of the day we will have seen one.  Maddening yes, but we deal with it.

Anyway this email is pretty random but life is good.  Mission is Good. Mission is fun. People are funny. Church is still true in spite of what all the people at Wal-Mart say (starting to really think that is funny) Questions? Good.

Love,
Elder Andrews

No comments:

Post a Comment