THE VISION OF THE SOUTH

"Make no small plans: This is the vision I have for the South. I believe that one day the South will baptize more people into the church than all other English speaking missions in the world together....We will see the time when we will baptize hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands...In your day you will see a million members of the church in the South. There will be temples plural in the Southern States. What a great call you have to serve with these marvelous people." President Spencer W. Kimball

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Cold

This week was kind of strange. We had to stay inside on Tuesday and Wednesday because it was too cold and icy.  Ok, well I am from Utah and this is nothing, it didn't even snow.  First of all Wal-Mart was like it was World War Z.  It was a mad house and we had to call the ZLs and tell them that we might be late.  We were talking to some people at Wal-Mart the night before we went on lock down, and this black couple said, as soon as they found out where I was from, "You probably think this is crazy right?"
 
To which I said, "Yeah."
 
Then he said "Well what would happen if a Hurricane hit Utah?"
 
Good point, it would be a mass exodus.
 
Anyway so this week, like every other week, was full of working with less actives.  Less actives are really hard for me.  I say this because there is absolutely nothing that I can do to get them to come to church. I just have to be that friend.  I love these people so much and it just breaks my heart when they are doing something that I know is going to hurt them.  We got a new Branch Mission Leader and he asked me what is the best way to re-activate less actives. And I said there isn't one. Everyone has their own thing that they need; it is not a key that unlocks a door.  It is a cord that you must weave into a rope.  Man, some days I wish it was a key.  But lasting conversion is a long and slow process.  No eternal characteristic happens over night, you need time for that seed to grow.  I am just the person who pleads the case that it is worth it.  Some days I have to plead it to myself.  Not for that long though.  Life is so good.  It is crazy.  People have some serious problems but Dios siempre esta alli!!!
 
 
Adios Les Amo
 
Elder Andrews
 
P.S. My comps first name is Zach! And his last companion was Elder Andrews. There are two. I know that President is dying to put us together.

No comments:

Post a Comment