THE VISION OF THE SOUTH

"Make no small plans: This is the vision I have for the South. I believe that one day the South will baptize more people into the church than all other English speaking missions in the world together....We will see the time when we will baptize hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands...In your day you will see a million members of the church in the South. There will be temples plural in the Southern States. What a great call you have to serve with these marvelous people." President Spencer W. Kimball

Monday, February 10, 2014

Runnin' runnin' and runnin' runnin' and runnin' runnin' and runnin' runnin' (Add Music)

Sorry I don't have that much time to write today.  I had to go get a tetanus shot earlier today and we have to go do service in a minute, but here is the gist of things.  We have been in an all out sprint this whole week accept for the times when it is raining so much that they won't even let us drive anywhere.  Josue is one of our investigator and he is really struggling with Word of Wisdom problems.  We have been really working with him and it has been a real roller coaster for all of us.  On Saturday we had to leave our ZTM (zone training meeting) and by leave I mean run out the doors and jump in the car and race away to his house.  We had to because he was about to relapse and start drinking again.  It was really intense.  We have several less actives and investigators that live in his same neighborhood and it is the same story across the board.  They are just so poor and sin is literally knocking on their door everyday.  It is a really scary neighborhood but, we are servants of our Heavenly Father and people know it.  We'll get 'um through.  Not a doubt in my mind.
 
Love y'all tons thanks for all your support.  Remember the Church is true cause y'all know it.
 
Elder Andrews
 
 
I got a call late Saturday night from the mission nurse asking if  Zach's tetanus shot was up to date.  I couldn't remember and after Keith and Bruce went to the church to see his records I called her back to tell her I couldn't find any evidence of one.  Here's what happened.:
 
I got a tiny cut on my arm while we were painting a house.  I knew it was a rusty nail but it was so small I just washed it out and then called it good.  About twenty minutes later I got this prompting to go ask someone about it.  I really didn't want to because I knew they were going to mock me for even asking about a tiny little scratch. But I did anyway.  All of the sudden they start saying that  I am going to die and that I am going to die in twenty four hours.  All this crap.  So I was a little bit nervous, but still not really too much.  Until later that night I thought, what the heck I'll call the mission nurse.  Turns out no one knows when my last tetanus shot was so this morning I got one.  It cost $94.  I don't think the prompting was  because of the scratch but...well I don't want to freak you out. This is just a theory that I have.  The last time Louisiana had a hurricane season as calm as last year and the last time it snowed  like it did last week, was right before Katrina.  My life could be interesting this summer.  But what do I know?

No comments:

Post a Comment