THE VISION OF THE SOUTH

"Make no small plans: This is the vision I have for the South. I believe that one day the South will baptize more people into the church than all other English speaking missions in the world together....We will see the time when we will baptize hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands...In your day you will see a million members of the church in the South. There will be temples plural in the Southern States. What a great call you have to serve with these marvelous people." President Spencer W. Kimball

Friday, August 15, 2014

New Companion, Promptings (July 14)

My new comp is Elder Burch. He has been out nearly 19 months and struggles with Spanish. He is really obedient. I am really working hard to help him feel included in our district.  Our district is really unified and I am worried that he might feel left out, so I am going to do everything I can.
 
That is cool about trek, and don't worry about the girls who left. My trek ma and pa never let us leave and always got us in trouble for stupid stuff like getting up late. That is why I like a mission No Distractions. I mean some days I wish I could have a distractions.  That is why I like the story of Peter walking on the water because it shows us that as we look to the Savior through our priorities, we can look up and walk but when we look down on the world around us at the water we start to fall.
 
So a story.  Last week we were going to someone's house and I got an impression saying, Go to Joels.... OK sounds good to me... so we went over there and for the first time he answered the door!! So we talk to him all about  his mission and had an awesome conversation! The spirit was so strong, He committed to come to Family Home Evening and then Church. The little promptings of the spirit are really been thrown at me all the time.  It is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment