THE VISION OF THE SOUTH

"Make no small plans: This is the vision I have for the South. I believe that one day the South will baptize more people into the church than all other English speaking missions in the world together....We will see the time when we will baptize hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands...In your day you will see a million members of the church in the South. There will be temples plural in the Southern States. What a great call you have to serve with these marvelous people." President Spencer W. Kimball

Monday, April 6, 2015

Amazing General Conference

Weekly Letter - 06 Apr 2015
Sent Date:  Monday, April 6, 2015
Author:  Andrews, Zachary Jacob

General Conference was so amazing.... except for that one part.. The messages were so inspiring. I loved it all. One thing that I learned and thought was amazingly relevant in my life right now was the call to raise the bar for young single adults. Man it seems like they always raise the bar right before i get to that stage. Anyway some of my favorite talks talked about the Atonement. The Atonement is something that i have really grown to appreciate. I have learn an appreciation for my Savior that nothing will ever take away from me. I am so grateful for the chance i have to repent it is so amazing cause i make so many mistakes. SO MANY. But just like in the story that Elder Holand told we jump and he catches us all we have to do is be brave and take the only option left to us JUMP!

This week is good I went on two exchanges, one with Elder Mcmurry from Houma we had some good times walking around talking to people I really learned a lot from him. The exchange was really effective cause he didn't feel like he could tell his Zone Leaders anything and I had the opportunity to say "No i am here for you to help you to support you." We talked to this one guy that was super interested but of course he lived in a different area so those missionaries got a referral. Golden Refferal might i add. Then right after that we started an exchange with Morgan City so Elder Page and i got to work together and that was awesome. Elder Page is an amazing missionary one of the best in the mission and his work with Elder Karn is amazing he has helped him so much. It is astonishing to me the good he has brought about in that Elders life.  Life is so awesome church is so true. I just hope i can use the Atonement everyday for the rest of my life. The desire of my heart is to follow the words of the Prophets and Apostles, Cause despite what others think THEY ARE CALLED OF GOD! How awesome is it that we have someone with the authority to say "Thus saith the LORD" best thing a dumb kid from Draper Utah could ask for.

Love ya,
Elder Andrews

PS I took care of the Clerks office issue. I talked to President Garcia about it and he just said missionaries are not allowed in the clerks office so there.  I will see who has the keys and ask them to return them to their bishop or Branch President.

Thank you so much for all that you do. Let me know how I can help you.

Sent Date:  Friday, April 10, 2015
Author:  President Hansen
Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment