THE VISION OF THE SOUTH

"Make no small plans: This is the vision I have for the South. I believe that one day the South will baptize more people into the church than all other English speaking missions in the world together....We will see the time when we will baptize hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands...In your day you will see a million members of the church in the South. There will be temples plural in the Southern States. What a great call you have to serve with these marvelous people." President Spencer W. Kimball

Monday, April 13, 2015

Transfers and Philosophy

March 17

The sisters are getting transferred.  I don't know where they are going.  They don't leave till tomorrow. They called me at 1230 last night about a cockroach in their apartment. They wanted us to drive across town to go and kill it. I was not happy and when I declined they were pretty upset.

I don't care where I get transferred or if I stayed. I will do what the lord wants but I am kind of am tired of the leadership minutia. But that is probably the lesson I have to learn so I guess I'll learn it.

I am going to learn my lessons through the constant stream of mistakes that I make. I feel the same way, always a different shade of the same problem. I am feeling it. I am trying to please everyone. I know some of the lessons I have to learn, and I have been taught them before, but I haven't learned them yet. That is how we are. Slow learners I have to be taught again and again until something clicks. I am waiting for the click in my life right now. But that is how it has always been for me especially in middle school. Just struggling through till it clicks. It's rough, really rough. But it is what turns coal into diamonds. There is a Mormon Message about that called Refiners Fire. Lots of missionaries get in the fire with a hard companion or area or whatever. They complain and ask to get moved and then President moves them and they miss out on what they could have been. But then there are some times that we are completely over our head and can do nothing but drown. That doesn't mean that the task isn't worth, it just means we need a different plan of attack. And as long as we keep all options open then the Lord tells us which one. Sorry I don't have any answers just mindless philosophy.

Love ya

No comments:

Post a Comment