THE VISION OF THE SOUTH

"Make no small plans: This is the vision I have for the South. I believe that one day the South will baptize more people into the church than all other English speaking missions in the world together....We will see the time when we will baptize hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands...In your day you will see a million members of the church in the South. There will be temples plural in the Southern States. What a great call you have to serve with these marvelous people." President Spencer W. Kimball

Monday, August 12, 2013

He's There!



Can you spot the new Elder Andrews?

I'm here!  My address is 294 Wright Ave., Apt. 280, Gretna, LA 70056.  It is hotter than the sun here! Like melt your face off hot.  We did a service project and one elder wrung out the sweat from his shirt.  It sucks.
 
The bike we got is really sweet.  I can go really fast because of the 29" road tires.  Unfortunately, I need a different bike and fast.  I have popped both tires because the roads here are the roads of a third world country.  Pavement sure, but it is all broken.  So as fast as you can, send me a mountain bike.   I am borrowing my companion's (he has borrowed one from a member) until we get mine fixed again and then I'll ride it. 
 
My trainer is Elder Mellor; he is cool.  He is on his last transfer and is our district leader. We stay in an apartment with two other English elders.
 
I am in the Algeris Mission on the West bank of the Mississippi River in New Orleans; it is really cool here.  It is a different country.  We went to a flea market and it was scary, you could tell that everything they were selling was stolen.  I felt like I was in Africa.  Today we are going into the French Market, which is across the street from the French quarter (where we can't go).  It is going to be cool.   Anyway, I love it so far.  It is a crazy amount of biking we do.  I have met so many new people, whose names I am trying to learn.
 
We don't have a ward; we have two branches one English and one Spanish and the missionaries basically run the show.  Yesterday we taught gospel doctrine in Spanish which was funny because I can understand but I can't speak very well.
 
Love,
 
Elder Andrews
 
PS I like the people and I like the Mexican food.  I've lost like 5 pounds.
 
PPS And everyone drives a Camero here; it is crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment