THE VISION OF THE SOUTH

"Make no small plans: This is the vision I have for the South. I believe that one day the South will baptize more people into the church than all other English speaking missions in the world together....We will see the time when we will baptize hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands...In your day you will see a million members of the church in the South. There will be temples plural in the Southern States. What a great call you have to serve with these marvelous people." President Spencer W. Kimball

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Lots of Service

This week has been pretty fun.  I am getting better at Spanish.  I can respond to people, even if my response is wrong.  My comp and I are getting along really well.  We have picked up some new less-actives.  There are so many less-actives.  After Katrina hit lots of people went inactive and so now years later, we are still cleaning up after Katrina. One of the things that is really hard for us is that we can't visit people during the day because they are all at work so we do lots of service.  This is something the president (President and Sister Wall pictured with Zach) really pushes. We have one investigator that we committed to baptism; my comp has been working with her for a while.  We are excited for her.
 
There is only one seminary class and one of the new members wanted to go but he doesn't speak English.  So now on Monday, Wednesday and Friday we wake up at 5 and bike the four miles to the church so we can translate.   Worst thing is, he didn't go to seminary today. Ha ha it's not that bad.

I liked your family goals this year.  I only have one goal: Obey with Exactness.
 
Love
 
Elder Andrews

 
PS We met some Cajuns and they are super funny.  They say funny things and in a funny way. The Branch mission leader is Cajun and he is so funny. We went to his house yesterday to eat and it was the funniest thing.  The food that he served us was.........so good.  I am so happy that I am Spanish speaking because I would be gaining weight instead of losing.

No comments:

Post a Comment