THE VISION OF THE SOUTH

"Make no small plans: This is the vision I have for the South. I believe that one day the South will baptize more people into the church than all other English speaking missions in the world together....We will see the time when we will baptize hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands...In your day you will see a million members of the church in the South. There will be temples plural in the Southern States. What a great call you have to serve with these marvelous people." President Spencer W. Kimball

Monday, August 26, 2013

Problematic Bike, Great People

This week we went on exchanges so I was with the other elder in our district, Elder Mastche.  It was fun.  We met this family that is so prepared.  We taught them the first lesson and they ate it up!  They wanted more.  It was fantastic. 
 
Then I came back to my area and back to my bike.  I have had so many bike problems; it is crazy.  Every week is a new problem.  I fix it and then we are off.  I have developed something that I find effective: I never complain.  I just crack jokes.  My companion thinks I am the funniest person in the world because I am always cracking jokes because something is always breaking.
 
We have two progressing investigators that I want to talk about: Lucia and Norma.
 
Lucia Falcons is one of my favorite people on the planet.  She is waiting for Armondo's divorce papers to go through so they can get married.  They have two kids together and she has one kid (Samuel, 17) from another man.  We go over to their house all the time and it is so fun. Samuel has become one of my best friends even though he constantly is laughing at my horrible Spanish
 
Norma is awesome too.   She is married to a less-active but now they both come to church all the time.  They are so cool.  Norma is going to be baptized on the 7th.  She will be my first investigator to be baptized. Elder Mellor will baptize her.  I am so excited!!!!!!!
 
Love you all,
 
Elder Andrews
 

No comments:

Post a Comment