THE VISION OF THE SOUTH

"Make no small plans: This is the vision I have for the South. I believe that one day the South will baptize more people into the church than all other English speaking missions in the world together....We will see the time when we will baptize hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands...In your day you will see a million members of the church in the South. There will be temples plural in the Southern States. What a great call you have to serve with these marvelous people." President Spencer W. Kimball

Monday, December 22, 2014

Life as a Zone Leader and Jimmer

NOV 28, 2014
This week was good. There has been a lot going on. Lots of problems in our Zone. But we have been figuring them out.
 
The best thing about being a zone leader is that we are super busy and I have to do things that are really hard and it pushes me, really pushes me super hard. I have to make calls and do things that I never thought I would. I like it a lot.
 
The other side to being Zone Leader is life in the fast lane; so many problems, so many issues, so much drama. Elder Drollinger and I are lucky when we get in on time and when we do we come in and fall asleep in our proselyting clothes. I mean really and truly I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve these amazing missionaries. I am humbled everyday by their testimonies and their spirit. Don't take the wrong message away from this, I am working hard.  I absolutely love it every part. The good, the bad all of it is amazing. I just am in need of some council. Life could not get any better. Reallly and truly.
 
This week I went on exchanges with the Jefferson elders.  It was really cool; they are really new and it was funny to see them and their view on the mission and everything. I really like going on exchanges. Anyway life is really good. We have Angie who is going to be baptized on the December 20. This is a really big deal because this date marks several Elders entire missions. It is amazing to be here at the end of this great process.
 
This week was really fun we where knocking doors and we go to knock and we hear someone chanting in Spanish really loud. It was weird so I peek in the window, and there are four women standing in the room praying in Spanish really loud. So we listen to what they are praying about, and they are praying for answers so I look at my companion and say, "Dude we are about to answer their prayers."  So we wait and wait and then they stop.  I smile at my comp and knock on the door and they answer and totally shut us down... Hard core. We were like, are you kidding me!! So we moved on and kept working, good day. Life is all about finding little things. Missions especially.
 
Love y'all let me know if you have any questions!!
 
Elder Andrews 
 
PS Jimmer is in our ward.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment