THE VISION OF THE SOUTH

"Make no small plans: This is the vision I have for the South. I believe that one day the South will baptize more people into the church than all other English speaking missions in the world together....We will see the time when we will baptize hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands...In your day you will see a million members of the church in the South. There will be temples plural in the Southern States. What a great call you have to serve with these marvelous people." President Spencer W. Kimball

Monday, December 1, 2014

Change the Culture of the Zone?

Author: Andrews, Zachary Jacob

President,
This week I went on exchanges with the Jefferson elders it was really cool they are really new and it was funny to see them and their view on the mission and everything. I really like going on exchanges. Anyway life is really good. We have Angie who is going to be baptized on the December 20. This is a really big deal because this date marks several Elders entire missions. It is amazing to be here at the end of this great process. This week was really fun we where knocking doors and we go to knock and we hear someone chanting in Spanish really loud. It was weird so I peek in the window, and there are four women standing in the room praying in Spanish really loud. So we listen to what they are praying about, and they are praying for answers so I look at my companion and say dude we are about to answer their prayers. So we wait and wait and then they stop I smile at my comp and knock on the door and they answer and totally shut us down... Hard core. We where like are you kidding me!! So we moved on and kept working, good day. Life is all about finding little things. Missions especially.

The Zone is doing good a few problems but for the most part they are small and easily solved. We are working really hard, everyone is. So I have a question and I don't know if you will be able to answer it. How do I help change the culture of this Zone, and this Mission. We talked about this a little bit in our interview but, I would just like to hear some more of your thoughts. Currently my plan is to lead, I personally am going to try to break the mold. However I also have a Zone to think of. So I will pray and try to help them.

Thanks so much for everything.
Elder Andrews

Sent Date: Wednesday, December 3, 2014
Author: President Hansen
Talk about all the baptisms that are taking place, about how the mission is becoming more obedient, about how the number of lessons with and without a member present is increasing. Set an example by the things you say and do. When you see someone breaking mission rules stand up to them and let them know it is not acceptable. Teach correct principles in all your training. Follow the spirit in all you do and pray for your missionaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment