THE VISION OF THE SOUTH

"Make no small plans: This is the vision I have for the South. I believe that one day the South will baptize more people into the church than all other English speaking missions in the world together....We will see the time when we will baptize hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands...In your day you will see a million members of the church in the South. There will be temples plural in the Southern States. What a great call you have to serve with these marvelous people." President Spencer W. Kimball

Monday, March 10, 2014

The Church Is True! (And Mardi Gras Was Fun)

March 4

We just got back from a Mardi Gras Parade, it was fun but so cold. My comp got a coconut, which I guess is a big deal. It was so cold. So I guess I am not getting transferred, I am staying with Elder Hale, which is cool. Actually we have no idea what is going to happen. But we are still working really hard. Our people are doing great. Sorry I don't have a lot to say this week. Josue is still killing it and it was his first week not drinking in the last 15 years. It was the best call of my life. Javier started looking at anti-Mormon stuff. I have heard it all, and so none of it is hard to logically answer but all of it is hard to regain that faith that you loose when you first read it. It is all so stupid: Mormons have horns, Joseph Smith admitted that the church wasn't true on his death bed... Even though he fell out a window and never had a death bed... so Stupid.

The Church is so true. It is so crazy. It is amazing to me that people don't get it. The Book of Mormon is awesome. It teaches us so many cool things but the two things that it teaches so clearly is, Our omnipotent Heavenly Father Loves us. He loves you. He loves me. He loves the druggies and the drunks ALWAYS!!! Second, Jesus is the Christ. He died for us. He knows us. He knows what we are going though. People always try to shame us Missionaries by saying: "How dare you say that we have to work to qualify for the atonement." And my answer is always this "you don't have to qualify, but why do you think that we should not work to be more like our perfect Older Brother, Who selflessly gave his life up for us. Sorry we look up to him as and example along with a Hero"

Love you all,

Elder Andrews

Non Inferior Secutus

No comments:

Post a Comment