THE VISION OF THE SOUTH

"Make no small plans: This is the vision I have for the South. I believe that one day the South will baptize more people into the church than all other English speaking missions in the world together....We will see the time when we will baptize hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands...In your day you will see a million members of the church in the South. There will be temples plural in the Southern States. What a great call you have to serve with these marvelous people." President Spencer W. Kimball

Monday, March 24, 2014

To PW: Power of Prayer

Sent Date: Monday, March 24, 2014
Author: Andrews, Zachary Jacob
Saturday was, interesting, we had our open house. In the weeks leading up to it, we passed out hundreds of fliers. We had 1 person show up because of the fliers. ONE. We did have one more family of investigators show up but it was because a member invited them. It wasn't the missionaries. It is crazy what members can do. So that night was really fun but we didn't get the turnout that we would have liked. The thing about missionary work is that it is never wasted. Like we spent hours and hours passing out those fliers. We have 4 new investigators this week because of it. If you realize how important and limited your time as a missionary is, God will bless you with blessing in everything that you do. Urgency is starting to be important to me mostly because Heavenly Father has made it apparent that it needs to be.

This week I have been reading in 3 Nephi and something really stood out to me in chapter 17. The whole chapter is amazing, the part that I love especially is about prayer.  Verse 16 and 17 describe the prayer that Our Savior gave for the people. Not only had no one ever heard anything like that they had not seen anything, they had not felt anything like that. The Spirit touches us at different intensities, just imagine how intense that prayer must have been. And it was not only because of the Savior but as He says in verse 20 it was because of The People's faith along with the awesome Power of Our Lord. Crazy. If I had one wish...

We decided that we are not going on the camping trip. There is too much that we have too do and lots of Member are having us over this week so we are not going to have tons of time. We are all really sorry about playing cards last night.  Honestly we didn't think we were breaking a rule. It won't happen again. Also I moved the garbage can that I tripped over when I answered to phone yesterday, I felt dumb.

I am really loving this area. I am also having lots of fun with Elder Hale.  He is an awesome guy. We are working really hard, and have started to see some fruits, well some growth. It is super exciting.

I am sorry that I don't write you consistently, but honestly I have just been having so much going on back home that I feel like I need to write to my siblings about that I don't have time or energy to write you. Also you have so many other letters to read and I don't exactly write little emails. I don't know.

Thanks,
Elder Andrews
Westbank Spanish

No comments:

Post a Comment