THE VISION OF THE SOUTH

"Make no small plans: This is the vision I have for the South. I believe that one day the South will baptize more people into the church than all other English speaking missions in the world together....We will see the time when we will baptize hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands...In your day you will see a million members of the church in the South. There will be temples plural in the Southern States. What a great call you have to serve with these marvelous people." President Spencer W. Kimball

Monday, June 9, 2014

Baby Miracle

Author: Andrews, Zachary Jacob
Monday, June 9, 2014
This week was awesome. We had an awesome experience; We decided to call a family and she answered, I guess that that was weird for her cause she never answers numbers she doesn't know. But anyway she tells us that she is having trouble with her pregnancy and that the baby is struggling. We ask her if we can come over and give her a blessing she says yes, so we went over there and gave her a blessing. We called them later that week to and comes to find out that the baby is fine, the doctor said it was a miracle!! We later taught them the best lesson EVER and we are going back today and going to commit them to baptism. They are so prepared.

While we were teaching them I was reminded of how little of the teaching is really us. Right now I could not tell you what we taught them only that is was awesome and they had some killer questions. We are just the way that the message got there nothing more. The District is doing good. District Meeting this week I instructed on confidence, I did this because it has occurred to me that the sisters are nervous about their Spanish. I am trying to build their confidence. They are amazing missionaries, they just are young and the language is a work in progress. They are awesome. Elder Herbert is good. I am trying to build his confidence in me. He sometimes treats me like I am nothing more than a  river and his translator. That said I feel as if this last couple of days I wiggled my way in. We are friends but his word is law. For the most part it is because he is right so I am happy with that, it is something small and that will rectify itself with time.

We are good. I am good.

Love ya,
Elder Andrews

P.S. Am I going to have the opportunity to have an interview with you before you leave? I got transferred before mine in the Westbank. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment