THE VISION OF THE SOUTH

"Make no small plans: This is the vision I have for the South. I believe that one day the South will baptize more people into the church than all other English speaking missions in the world together....We will see the time when we will baptize hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands...In your day you will see a million members of the church in the South. There will be temples plural in the Southern States. What a great call you have to serve with these marvelous people." President Spencer W. Kimball

Monday, June 30, 2014

Barriers

So this week was awesome! We have been having lots of fun. As well of working our butts off. We have been doing lots of service. We also had a wonderful last Conference with President Wall.  It was really sad. I am going to miss him for sure. But I am excited to see the next president.
 
Anyway I was reading in the Book of Mormon the other day and I was in 1 Nephi like 2 or so. And I was impressed about Nephi's journey to kill Laban. In his journey he had to overcome barriers, two specifically. One he was outside the city and had to overcome the wall. A physical barrier. Sometime we have physical barriers, people don't come to church cause they don't have a ride or cause they have to work. These are real and hard but often times with a simple solution that we can help.  Just like Nephi; he overcame the wall and now he is in the city and is looking for Laban. Then he found Laban, and was confronted with his second barrier, Kill Laban. This is a spiritual barrier. Far more difficult. This is something that is a spiritual barrier and is something that is hard for them. Maybe they where offended or maybe they lost faith. This is hard to overcome, especially if we do it by our selves. But if we follow the example of Nephi and listen to the spirit. It will help us get over our own barriers and it will help us do what is needed to help other over theirs.

Love you,

Elder Andrews
 
PS  I am good. No news just same old same old. Nay is as tall as me that sucks!!!! Hump week!  That is so crazy. I am drinking the mission all in.  It is hard because time flies but I am loving it.   I just keep having dreams that I am home already and that is so annoying because it just kind of makes me worried about stupid crap like a job and school but I am trying not to think about it too much

No comments:

Post a Comment