THE VISION OF THE SOUTH

"Make no small plans: This is the vision I have for the South. I believe that one day the South will baptize more people into the church than all other English speaking missions in the world together....We will see the time when we will baptize hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands...In your day you will see a million members of the church in the South. There will be temples plural in the Southern States. What a great call you have to serve with these marvelous people." President Spencer W. Kimball

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Dear President Wall, Doubting my Doubts

Sent Date: Monday, October 14, 2013

Author: Andrews, Zachary Jacob


President, 

This week has been great. We have worked hard(despite Elder Vaughn's handicap). We have got back in touch with the Benatcourts!! I am really excited cause I really like them. Brother Benatcourt really likes it when he feels like he taught us something so we have good discussions. Sorry they are a less-active family that Elder Mellor and I got into contact with but his last few week he decided that they were not a priority and so we stopped going by. But we are back in contact and can hopefully get them to come to church and to get Ashley baptized 


Anyway i have a question for you and before I ask it I want to clear up some question you might have. This is just for my own personal knowledge nothing more, and what brought about this question is last week we were in Wal-Mart trying to find some batteries for the light on my bike when some guy came up to us and started to tell us that our church was wrong. Most thinks he said we could easily refute, but he said something that I didn't know about. That Joseph Smith was a Freemason. Now by no means is a faith shattering thing or even a problem, but i would like to know what you know about the masons? I did do a little study on all the church websites(cause I don't care for all the conspiracy theories that I know are involved in this)

So basically long story short. What are the Freemasons? Do you know much about them?  Was Joseph Smith one?


And trust me I am for sure doubting my doubt before I doubt my faith.

Thanks,

Elder Andrews

No comments:

Post a Comment