THE VISION OF THE SOUTH

"Make no small plans: This is the vision I have for the South. I believe that one day the South will baptize more people into the church than all other English speaking missions in the world together....We will see the time when we will baptize hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands...In your day you will see a million members of the church in the South. There will be temples plural in the Southern States. What a great call you have to serve with these marvelous people." President Spencer W. Kimball

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Dear President Wall, Lamar and Lemuel


Sent Date: Monday, October 7, 2013

Author: Andrews, Zachary Jacob



President,

I don't really have a lot to say. This week was interesting with the evacuation and all. But there is one thing that I want to share with you. It is something that I learn in my study of the Book of Mormon. For some time now I have been thinking about Laman and Lemuel. I have been thinking about why they did not change? Why did they not truly repent and follow the Lord, and one of the reasons that I had impressed upon me during ZTM, was that they were too busy looking behind them. They were too busy looking in the past, at the life they had, at the life they could be having. I am sure they talked about "home" all the time. I probably have a lesson to learn from that, even though I did not know it was a problem. I need to not look back because even though I can like Laban and Lemuel do all the things that Nephi did, well go through the motions. They did not let the experience change them. They did not let God mold them as Nephi did. I will do better.

Elder Andrews

No comments:

Post a Comment