THE VISION OF THE SOUTH

"Make no small plans: This is the vision I have for the South. I believe that one day the South will baptize more people into the church than all other English speaking missions in the world together....We will see the time when we will baptize hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands...In your day you will see a million members of the church in the South. There will be temples plural in the Southern States. What a great call you have to serve with these marvelous people." President Spencer W. Kimball

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Hurication


Oct 7 at 12:14 PM
Familia y amigos
 
This week was crazy(I feel like I always start my emails that way).  As many of you probably heard there was a hurricane/tropical storm in the gulf, Karin or Kathy or something like that.  All the missionaries become really excited when there is a hurricane anywhere in the gulf because if it threatens us we go on what we call Hurication.  Hurication is when there is a hurricane in the gulf and we all get evacuated to Baton Rouge and are on lock down for a few days. This means that we cannot do anything.  All we are allowed to do is sit in some elders' apartment and wait. That said, we did get evacuated to Metairie and spent Wednesday to Saturday morning there. I though it was so boring... My companion loved it so at least that. Entonces nada mucho pasan este semana. estamos buscando por investigadores pero no tenemos mucho exito. We were the only place that got evacuated and we are back now and doing normal things.  All we got was some flooding and a lot of rain. but we always get a lot of rain.
 
This week in my study I have really been thinking about Laman and Lemual don't know why I am always drawn to them but I am. Maybe I have lots to learn from them. This week I have looked at all the good that they did. Because they did do a lot of good. They did almost everything that Nephi did. But why did they constantly rebel? Why could they have seen angels but still not believe?  I by no means have the answer but I do think that one of the reasons that they fell is because they where always looking back. They constantly bring up Jerusalem and the life they had.  They always look back and never forward.  I can't remember one time Nephi laments about the life that he lost in Jerusalem.  Same with Alma the younger and Saul/Paul.  God corrected them and they changed and NEVER  looked back. God did not give us memories so that we could dwell on the past and wish it was different. He gave them to us so we could be better!!! So we could Change!!!
 
Anyway sorry for the huge email.
 
Love you all tons hope you enjoyed conference as much as I did.   WOW! So cool.
 
Love ya'll,
 
Elder Andrews

No comments:

Post a Comment