THE VISION OF THE SOUTH

"Make no small plans: This is the vision I have for the South. I believe that one day the South will baptize more people into the church than all other English speaking missions in the world together....We will see the time when we will baptize hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands...In your day you will see a million members of the church in the South. There will be temples plural in the Southern States. What a great call you have to serve with these marvelous people." President Spencer W. Kimball

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Say What?

This week has been rough. So Elder Mellor, my last comp, was here in Algiers for one year!!!! And so after he left people just assumed that did the missionary effort in Algiers did too.  My new companion and I are really having to bust our butts just to see the people that Elder Mellor and I saw regularly. And then on top of that, we are still trying to find some new people to teach.  It is hard but it is way more fun than the walk in the park that I had with Elder Mellor.  We to work so hard to get something so small to actually work.
 
This week we where going through our area book and came across a name of a less active clear out at "the point".  We decide to bike over there and stop by (this is way harder because the back tire on my bike is all jacked up because some guy almost hit me, so to get out of the way I ended up hitting the back wheel on a curb and now I am trying to fix it). We knock on the door and this little old guy answers.  Door approaches here are so hard because you don't even know what language to speak. We start in English...nothing...Spanish and at least he said something.  I have no idea what, but my comp seemed to understand him.  Turns out he had had a stroke and he can't use half his mouth.  I CANNOT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING HE SAYS.  He invites us in and we ask him if he is a member, he says no.  We ask him again, still no.  I am so confused by now; we still don't know if he is a member but we got him to commit to read the Book of Mormon.  And I have to go over with Elder Mastache today because Elder Vaughn and some other elders in the zone are going to the Saints game.
 
Love ya,
 
Elder Andrews

No comments:

Post a Comment